Marine Field Engineer
Acutec is looking for a marine communications technical specialist with a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience to join our team. The following skills and experience are essential:
- Installation, commissioning and fault finding of marine stabilised VSAT and TVRO, Ku, Ka and C band products
- Outstanding fault finding skills
- Excellent written and verbal English
- iDirect satellite equipment
- Data and Voice networking
- RF communications test equipment
- Other marine electronics equipment
- Ability and willingness to travel worldwide
This interesting and varied technology job will entail installing, commissioning, servicing and supporting of satellite, IT and A/V equipment on large private yachts, cruise ships, warships, commercial vessels and offshore facilities, working to the very highest professional standards.
Based in either Sydney or Perth areas, your field work will be on vessels located around Australia, Asia Pacific and occasionally in other regions around the world. You'll be resourceful and enjoy the challenge of working independently in remote ports and occasionally at sea. You must also be comfortable with small aircraft and helicopter and small boat transfers, working at heights and being away from home for short periods.
You will need appropriate industry and/or university qualifications. To keep you (and us) at the top of the game, you'll receive on-going training and career development opportunities. If you aren't already, then we want to help you to develop your skills to become the best in the industry.
Examples of additional highly desirable skills, experience and qualifications include:
- Marine stabilised antenna OEM qualifications
- Satellite TV distribution systems experience
- Sea time as a professional mariner
- Royal Australian Navy or other Australian defence technical experience
- Current BOSIET or other similar training
- Experience in one or all of our key markets of super yachting, cruise ships and oil and gas
- In depth networking and IT experience
- Technical help desk and support skills
- Appropriate H&S qualifications
An attractive salary package will be offered to the right candidate. Whilst We prefer to receive applications from people with the right to live and work in Australia, visa assistance can be provided to particularly capable and suitably qualified candidates from overseas.
If you meet the pre-requisites above, we would like to hear from you. Please click to apply and complete the questionnaire. For general information about us, please visit http://www.acutec.com.au or if you have any specific questions, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Your expression of interest or application will be treated in confidence.